Dear readers, it’s been a little while since my last blog post. Life is busy and so I’ve been away for a little bit. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things with more blogging though.
Here’s what I’ve been up to.
- Keeping a SQL Server Meetup going. I’ve been working with my co-organizer, Anthony Fortner, to discuss group details and get speakers lined up. I’ve had some difficulty with that recently and I need to go back to the community on Twitter and probably review Sessionize to find some additional people who regularly present.
- Finding and transitioning to new employment. Finding new work feels like a full time job. There is a lot of energy that goes into the process. I found a new home about six weeks ago.
- Because of the new job I landed, I’ve been figuring out a plan of attack for learning the necessary things about SQL Server in AWS. I’ll likely provide a list of those resources and my plan in a separate blog post.
- Watching the 6 part series on Azure SQL from Anna Hoffman and Bob Ward. Coming soon there will be a blog series on their videos. I may use these videos and the Azure SQL learning paths on Microsoft Learn to pursue the DP-300 certification.
- Continuing to take care of myself. I’ve stuck to my routine of taking Saturdays off as described here. I’ve been watching parts of the NBA Finals with my family and that has been fun and relaxing.
- I built and gave my first recorded, public presentation on SQL Server. You can find that here.
I would love to hear from you. Reach out to me via email, email@example.com, or on Twitter.